From October 12th to 14th, Bentley Systems will perform the Symposium and Awards for best practices in infrastructure. This event will be held in Charlotte, North Caroline, it’s the first after the format’s change of what it was once the BE Awards.
During the first day, Gregg and Keith Bentley will held a presentation of what have been 25 years of their company, and its main contributions to the technologies industry applied to the infrastructure design and construction.
From the 17 categories that participate in the awards, there will be displayed presentations of the three most outstanding works, which for 20 minutes shall give their project achievements, applied technology and solvent solution.
The change in format is attractive, because what before were seminars have been passed to web, giving sufficient time for the participants’ exposure in the award; time ago it hardly had a panel and only a few slides in the awards event.
There will be time for questions and answers after each presentation and media representatives will have the opportunity to speak either with the exhibitors or those who are in charge of these institutions or companies.
The second day will have discussion tables in different work lines that will include technicians and experts from Bentley Systems and participants in the Symposium. Specialties are Plants, Geospatial, Civil Construction, and Platform Technology.
- Using the GIS and engineering information in the field
- The GIS in the asset register – hydraulic model of integration and interoperability
- The multidisciplinary engineering for electrical substations and transmission lines
- Beyond the BIM – integrating multidisciplinary teams and systems for site, mapping, geo, civil, BIM, managing information project, review of the digital design and coordination
- Knowing the industry demands for interoperability with workflow – using technology to empower a collaborative project under shared risk and reward.
- High performance in data management – implementing the effectiveness of design and construction teams, and maximizing the quality of the resulting buildings.
Topics for Civil:
- Accelerating the implementation of projects (the impact of financial incentive)
- Modeling Information Building vs. Modeling Information of civil works
- The Project Collaboration and the distributional work force
Be Inspired Awards
So, from the 1,000 projects submitted since 2004, it will be awarded one for each of the 17 categories above. All of them under the Innovation prefix.
3. Cadastre land development
4. Universities, Airports and military installations
6. Metals & Mining
7. Oil and Gas
8. Power generation
9. Transit and rails
|11. Services and Communications network
12. Hydrosanitaries Systems and treatment plants
13. Hydrosanitaries Systems and water networks
14. Communication through a visualization
15. Connecting Project equipment
16. Generative Design
17. Structural Engineering
There I’ll tell you, for now it takes more than a month and a half, long enough to find a cheap flight and a hotel near the event.
There are many options… to spare.