In the next three weeks we’ll be conducting a training workshop aimed at creating service providers for a project that will perform cadastre in 65 municipalities. The goal is to accredit the technicians who will be hired by municipalities to implement projects that not only include strengthening in the cadastre area but also in financial and tax administration.
The process has been separated into three accreditation areas:
1. Cadastral Surveying and Valuation
This workshop includes three modules each of them with duration of one week.
· Direct method Surveying. In this case, it will be used GPS receivers sub metre precision, and it’s expected the combined use of total station, for mooring the blocks (Spanish idiom: “manzanas”), and tape measure for measuring the building fronts. Although the methodology is defined by the available equipment it’s expected other induction methods, including feasible “perversions” with existing data, including Google Earth’s
· Urban valuation. The methodology used for improvements valuation will be “replacement cost less accumulated depreciation”; this considers the use of the building, materials’ quality and workmanship as basic data from field. The data are used in the formula through a weighting known as “weight” that accumulates constructive characteristics of the building to define “typology” that applies best. It’s all a smoke ( Synonym: hallucination, Spanish idiom:”fumada”) very similar to that applied in Bogotá but with some adaptations of regional folklore. It will be used the “market method” for the valuation of urban land.
· Rural valuation. This workshop will include combined indirect methods for measurement, the valuation of rural land and permanent crops. Training in Valuation includes the calculation of property tax according to local legislation.
2. Digital Mapping and Geographic Information Systems
This workshop includes three modules each of one week, it’s simultaneous with cadastral surveying seminar, and some days both teams gather one another to socialize and to homogenize their knowledge.
- Digital mapping with AutoCAD. Although time is short, it’s expected, within the week, an intensive training in Cadastral Mapping Digitalization using data from GPS surveys and sketches of blocks. The seminar includes basic principles of Cartography for the nomenclature of quadrants maps at scale 1:1,000 and maps generation for printing.
- Geographic Information Systems using ArcMap. Like the previous, it is a light version of a GIS conformation from different data sources like mapping modules, construction, edition and data analysis.
- Cadastral sheet digitalization.This includes data integration to an application designed to store information tab, table of values and factors defined for the calculation and management of immovable property tax.
3. Municipal Finance
This workshop was already held and was aimed for those who will provide training services and an implementation for the Management and Tax Financial System. It was conducted for three weeks and nearly 30 suppliers were accredited.
This workshop included theoretical training from relevant legislation to the tax control and accountability; it also included the implementation of an application that automates the following areas:
- Tax Control
- Public Services
Needless to say, but the following three weeks I’ll be very amused with this. Exercise may serve me to validate some aspects in the definition of the competency model and, although some used applications are not my preference, the standard is generic.